The Information Technology (IT) department of the HMC Health System transforms and supports excellence in patient care through a unified team that advances science and medicine with innovative leading-edge solutions.
HMC IT DEPARTMENT HAVE SIX FUNCTIONAL UNITS
- Computer Services
- Project Management
- Web services
- Software Helpdesk
- Technical Support
Project Management Team
Projects undertaken range from the planning to implementation of major new system such as a patient administration system through to more specialized clinical database system.
- Connectivity: Make sure each database is available and accessible both by logging in via user applications, as well as running test scripts.
- Backups: Check database and log backups, archiving and offsite storage.
- Events: check all database logs, application logs and system logs, Agent history, device logs, NIC logs etc. Investigate any job failures
- Processes: Check that all required processes on the server are running, including Replication
- Integrity: Perform all database and server integrity checks; look for objects that break rules
- Indexes: Check on indexes to see if they are being used, need re-creating, or if any are missing
- Volumetric: Check resources on the server such as files sizes and disk space, and monitor growth
- Performance: Check application performance, and performance statistics, using the Performance tool; research and resolve any issues.
- Procedures: Check all Disaster Recovery Plans
- Security: Look for security policy violations
The web services department maintains, support and promotes web based information technology system.
Computer hardware engineers identify complex problems in computer hardware, develop and evaluate possible solutions, and figure out the best way to implement them.
Computer hardware engineer’s research, design, develop, and test computer systems and components such as processors, circuit boards, memory devices,
Computer networks are critical parts of almost every organization. Network and computer systems administrators are responsible for the day-to-day operation of these networks. They organize, install, and support an organization’s computer systems, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), network segments, intranets, and other data communication systems.
Information technology Application support and training department
Training in the use of these systems, as well as offering first line support should any problem arise whilst the systems are being used.
WHAT IT INTEGRATION INVOLVES
We are focused on providing robust, scalable, innovative, and secure IT solutions across the HMC Health System, with a common experience for physicians, faculty, students, staff, and patients. We also recognize that transforming data into actionable information and knowledge is key to achieving the mission of the Health System. We quickly combined our IT leadership teams, governance structures, and capital planning to facilitate all integration efforts moving forward.
HMC IT Initiatives
- Medical Records
- Duty Roster
- Lab and Pharmacy
- Clinical Manager
- Human Resource Management
- Security & Administrator
FUTURE INTEGRATION OF HMC IT
- Biomedical Maintenance
- Medical Stores and Purchases
- Blood Bank
- Fixed Assets
- Finance and Accounts
TEAM OF SPECIALISTS
Incharge IT Department...