Dr Sheraz Jamal Khan
MBBS , FCPS
I am aspirant to the challenges of the modern world as a clinician. I anticipate to add to the clinical excellence in healthcare management through my clinical skills. I anticipate bringing specialist care in adult general medicine and liaise it with the related specialities for the betterment of healthcare system.My strong managerial and management skills place me in a good position to lay the groundwork on which to build an excellent clinical service. I intend to maintain my enthusiasm by pursuing interests in healthcare development, research and teaching.
- MBBS , FCPS
- Award & Recognitions
1. "Digital imaging in Cutaneous Leishmaniasis", Dermatology online Journal from the University of California, Davis,USA. It is a case series of ten cases and was published as a tagged article to my research. It can be found on: http://dermatology.cdlib.org/111/reviews/leishmaniasis3/digitl.html
2. "Cutaneous Leishmaniasis in Pakistan" was published in Dermatology online Journal from the University of California, Davis USA. It is a review article.It can be found on:http://dermatology.cdlib.org/111/reviews/leishmaniasis3/khan.html
3. "Cutaneous Leishmaniasis in Pakistan: How to go about it" in Journal of Postgraduate medical institute in December 2004.
4. " Visceral Leishmaniasis (Kala Azar): Presentation, Diagnosis and response to therapy (An experience of ten cases in adults)" in Gomal Journal of Medical Sciences in June 2004. It is an original research paper
5. "A comparative clinical trial of Artemether and Quinine in Cerebral Malaria" published in Rawal Medical Journal, the official Journal of Pakistan Medical Association and Shifa International Hospital, Islamabad. It was published in December 2005. It is an original research paper.
6. "Efficacy of Halofantrene Hydrochloride in Vivax malaria" published in Journal of Postgraduate Medical institute in September 2005. It is an original research publication.
7. "Outcome of Haemodialysis in acute renal failure due to malaria: A single centre study" in Journal of Postgraduate Medical institute, June 2006. It is an original research paper.
8. "Effects of Ramadhan fasting on glycaemic control in type 2 Diabetes Mellitis" in Journal of Postgraduate Medical instite in January 2008. It is an original research paper.
9. "Malaria can lead to thrombocytopenia in Rawal Medical journal in July 2008. It is an original research paper.
10. "Pregnancy induced acute renal failure" in Rawal Medical Journal in July- December 2008. It is an original research paper.
11. "The escape of an Ascaris", Pakistan Journal of Radiology in September 2004. It is a single case study.
12. "Holt Oram Syndrome", Rawal Medical Journal in June 2005 as a single case study.
13. "Abdominal Neurofibroma" in Journal of Gomal Medical College as a single case study.
14. "Evidence based Medicine" as editorial of Journal of Gomal Medical College.
15. " Role of Alpha-Interferon in HCV infection", JMS 1995 (1999). It was an original research paper.
16. "Prevalence of Falciparum Malaria in Dir, JMS (2001), It was an original research article.
17. Prevalence of HBsAg and Anti-HCV in Dir, (2001)
18. "An Outbreak of Cutaneous Leishmaniasis in a village of District Dir, NWFP" in Journal of Postgraduate medical institute in January 2003. It was an original research article.
19. "Comparison of Amrad ICT Test with Microscopic Examination for rapid diagnosis of Malaria" in Journal of College of Physicians and surgeons, Pakistan in September 2002. It was an original research paper.
20. "Thromboytopenia in Malaria" in Rawal Medical Journal. Published in the December 2008.
21. "KAP study on Malaria" published in Gomal Journal of Medical Sciences in 2011.
22. "Efficacy of Loading versus standard doses of quinine in Cerebral Malaria" published in Rawal Medical Journal in 2011
23. "Self medication with antibiotics in urban areas of peshawar" in Journal of Gomal Medical college. It is an original study.
24."Diagnosis of Visceral Leishmaniasis in adults" in Khyber journal of medical sciences in December 2010.
25. "Prevalence, risk factors and outcomes of hypoglycaemia in elderly diabetic patients" in Journal of Postgraduate Medical institute in July 20012. It is an original research paper.
26. "History based diagnosis: does patient factors affect the duration of history taking session?" in Khyber journal of medical sciences in June 2010.
27. "Frequency of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in type 2 diabetes mellitus" in Khyber journal of medical sciences in June 2012.
28. "Myths about diabetes mellitus" in journal of Gomal Medical college in June 2012. It is an original study.
29. "Length of stay of patients in a tirtiary care hospital" in Journal of Gomal Medical College in June 2011. It is an original study.
30. "Outcome of Dengue fever in adults" in Journal of Gomal Medical College in June 2011. It is an original study.
31. "Relationship of headache to hypertension" published in Rawal Medical Journal in September 2012. It is an original study.
32. "Thrombocytopenia as an Indicator of Malaria in Adult Population" in Malaria research and treatment Journal from HINDAWI publications, New York, USA. It can be accessed at: http://www.hindawi.com/journals/mrt/2012/405981/
33. "Neurological Complications of Vivax Malaria", has recently been published in Journal of Neurosciences in Rural Practice, India. It can be assessed at: http://www.ruralneuropractice.com/text.asp?2013/4/5/146/116477
- HMC Peshawar