Dr. Mazhar Khan
MBBS,FRCS from Royal College of Surgeon EnglandDiploma in Urology from University College London
Head of General Surgical Department
I am an experience General Surgeon with interest and qualification in Urology.
I did FRCS from Royal College of Surgeon England/London in 1993 and following that got training in Urology in UK till 1998.
I also did Diploma in Urology from University College London in 1997.
My main field of interest and expertise lies in minimal invasive Surgery and especially in reconstructive Urology. We have attained eminence experience in the field of reconstructive Urology as we regularly perform urethroplasties and urinary bladder reconstructions.Over the years we have improved our techniques and now with the Grace of Allah we are quite verse in urinary bladder augmentation / continent urinary diversion and neo bladder formation.
- MBBS,FRCS from Royal College of Surgeon EnglandDiploma in Urology from University College London
- 28 Years of Experience. Clinical Experience: Urology: Reconstructive/ Laproscopic /Endourology General Surgery: Conventional/Laproscopic Uro-Gynaecology: Conventional/Laproscopic Teaching & Training Undergraduate & post graduate medical students. Administrative Experience: Administrative Head of Surgical and allied department since 2008 Hospital Administrator April to June,2015 Chairman Hospital Reimbursement committee Member Hospital Ethical committee
- Award & Recognitions
1. Efficacy of use of Appendix as Mitrofanoff Conduit in Urinary Diversion. KMUJ Jan-March 2015 Vol 7, No 1
2. Evaluation of Alvarado Score in detecting Retrocecal Appendicitis.Ophth.Update Vo 13,July-Sept 2015 No 3.
3. Use of circumferential Fasciocutanious skin flap in the reconstruction of complex urethral stricture. JSP Oct 2012. Vol 17, No 4:139-142.
4. Abdominal Transpubic perineal urethroplasty for complex posterior urethral stricture. An experience of 10 years. JSP Jan 2012. Vol 17:109-111.
5. Frequency of incidental Gall bladder carcinoma following cholecystectomy for symptomatic G stone disease. JSP 2012. Vol 17, No 4: 168-171.
6. Initial experience with Staple Haemorrhoidectomy. JPMI Vol. 25(2) July 2011, 143-146
7. Clinical Diagnosis of Penile Fractures. JMS Oct 2011, Vol19, No 4:189-191.
8. Rubber Band ligation as a better option for symptomatic relief in hemorrhoidal disease
PJMR Islamabad, June 2011.
9. Post Operative outcome of Mesh Hernioplasty as day case procedure. JSP Karachi, May 2011.
10. Post operative outcomes of Open versus closed Hemorrhoidectomy. JPMI 2011, Vol 125, No3:253-256.
11. Two years experience with colorectal carcinoma. JMS Apr 2011, Vol 19, No2: 109-113.
12. Mechanical bowel preparation in elective colorectal surgery. JMS Jan 2011, Vol 19, No8:31-34.
13. Postoperative outcome of Mesh Hernioplasty under L.A. JSP. Jan 2011, Vol 16, no1: 18-21.
14. Surgical Management of Carcinoma Caecum. JPMI Jan 2011, Vol. 25(1), 78-84.
15. Initial experience with staple Hemorhoidecotmy for treatment of symptomatic Hemorrhoids. JPMI 2011, Vol 25, No2:143-146.
16. Internal Optical Urethrotomy an experience of 10 years KJMS July 2011, Vol. 3, No2: 83-86.
17. Penile fracture: Result of immediate surgical repair. KJMS July 2011, Vol. 3,No2: 120-122.
18. Intermittent Urethral Self Dilatation for prevention of recurrent stricture. JPMI Vol.24(3)July 2010,239-43.
19. Causes of mechanical Intestinal Obstruction in adults. JPMI July 2010 Vol24, No3: 212-216
20. Cystoscopy Procedure Under Local Anesthesia. Journal of Medical Sciences Vol. 15. No 1. Jan 2007, 35-37.
21. Comparison of early Complication of TVP versus TURP for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Journal of Medical Sciences Vol. 15 (2) July 2007, 109-113.
22. Role of Internal Urethrotomy in TURP. JPMI 2004, vol18, No 4:578-582.
23. Detection of Fluid Absorption During Transurethral Resection Of Prostate (TURP)
JPMI 2002:17 (1) 52-56
24. Management of Post Traumatic Posterior Urethral Stricture. JPMI 2002: 17(2) 240-244